Digital Citizenship

We will be focusing on discussing Digital Citizenship over the next two weeks in the library, and how to be safe while on the internet.  I created these posters and bookmarks to help teach the information to my students, and have a way to review them throughout the year.

After doing the lesson all day, I came to realize that I needed a few things to make the lesson go smoother.  While the poster is great, I spent time writing and/or drawing the 4 main pieces (the head, the heart, the belly/gut, and the feet) with my younger kids to begin to introduce the topic. Sadly, I’m not a very good artist, so I realized I needed some additional posters to help me teach this lesson.

So, I added a picture of the boy, and then larger pictures of the explanation pieces so that you can literally “build” the poster as you talk about the issues. These pieces would also be a great way to review these concepts throughout the year as well.

If you would like to use these posters with your own class,
you can find them here at my TpT Store or at Teacher’s Notebook.

I hope you find them useful! 🙂

Sandy

48 Responses to “Digital Citizenship”

1. Sarah Betts

We had a workshop and our presenter showed us your blog and your posters about digital citizenship. They are very "kid" friendly. I would love to use them with my grade 2/3 class. We have watched the Garfield video called "YAPPY" I would love to use your posters for further teaching. Do I have your permission?

2. Anonymous

Sandy, may I have permission to link to your blog for a presentation to my middle school students on digital citizenship.

Mike H.

3. Cindi

Sandy can you tell us what font or program you used to create the Wording for this poster? I was wanting to create a library sign using the same font 😉 Thanks!

4. Anonymous

Hi Sandy,

I am a high school teacher and my colleague and I love your digital citizenship poster. Would I be able to print it for my classroom?

Parm Brar
    (Surrey, BC, Canada)

5. Lisa Bray

Hi Sandy,
    I am a digital content coach for the West Ada school district. I was hoping to get permission to use the Digital Citizenship picture in a newsletter with our schools. Thank you for your consideration.
    Lisa Bray
    Digital Content Coach
    West Ada School District

6. Quinn's Diary

Hello,
    I'm an elementary school teacher in Lincoln NE, could I have permission to translate your poster and bookmarks to work for our school? thanks!

7. Rangi te Whiu Jury

Kia ora Sandy,
    I am a Lecturer at a Māori University here in Aotearoa NZ. After reading through this blogspace, I found some really close links with how our people here can have with this resource. Am I able to use this for my students in our Masters of Education course here at Te Wānanga o Raukawa?

8. Michele Stone

Hi there…………….wondering if I can use an image of your poster on my website for digital citizenship-giving you credit on the resource page of course. And I've already purchased 2 licences through TpT. The website is an assignment for my master's class for educational technology.

9. Erin Anderson

Hi Sandy,
    I love your Digital Citizenship Poster and was hoping to use on an educational website and link to your Digital Citizenship Blog with your permission. Please let me know if you would consider. Thank you!

10. Lisette Hamilton

Hi Sandy, I love your poster and was wondering if I could use an image of your poster for my slide share on digital citizenship in schools for my Masters in Teacher Librarianship. I have read the posts above and realise that you are happy for people to do this as long as they link back to your store but felt it was important that I asked for your permission first. Kind regards, Lisette

11. Monica Evon

Sandy- Love you post! I am going on my 2nd year as a 1:1 classroom. I included your graphic and post on my current blog on Digital Citizenship. I gave you credit. If you would like me not to include your post and graphic please let me know. Here is my recent post. 😊http://mrsevonsthirdgrade.blogspot.com/2015/07/digital-citizenship-resources.html

12. MrsDescallar

Hi Sandy,
    I teach 3rd grade in California. May I have your permission to use your poster to teach kids about digital citizenship? I think the poster covers all the important topics. Thank you

13. Jamie Mancuso-Dulak

Hi Sandy,

Great post with some amazing ideas! I would love to use the concept for a bulletin board in one of the elementary schools I work in. The image of the boy, did you create it? If so, can I have permission to use it? I would like to blow it up and use it as the centerpiece in my bulletin board and add tips for digital citizenship around it that correlate with our PBIS program. If you didn't create it would you share where you got it? Thank you so much for considering and I hope you have a great day!

14. Lee Whittaker

Hi Sandy,
    I am doing an assignment for my teaching degree on digital citizenship, am I able to use this and link it all back to you please?
    Thanks in anticipation

15. Carla Buell

Thank you so much for this! I am using it for Internet Safety with K-2 this year and so far it is working really well. Thanks again!

16. Jill Seiler

I love your poster….wondering if we could add it to our school district moodle site regarding Internet Safety. I purchased the bundle….just looking for your permission! THanks!

• Sandy

Hi Jill,

You are welcome to add it to your district’s moodle site. Please just make sure you add the link to my blog so that teachers will know where to go to find it if they want it for their own classroom. Thank you! 🙂

17. Deb Bernhard

Hi Sandy,
    May I use your digital safety material to share with my students and I will note to link it back to your blog.
    Thanks,
    Deb

• Sandy

Hi Deb,
      You are welcome to use my digital safety material and share it with your students. Please just make sure you link back to my blog. Thank you! 🙂

18. Ashlin

Hi Sandy,
    Can I use your digital citizenship material for my presentation,I will link all the materials to your blog.
    Thanks
    Ashlin

• Sandy

Hi Ashlin,

Yes you may use my digital citizenship poster but please link back to my blog so that others will know where to purchase it if they would like to use it as well.
      Thank you!
      Sandy

19. Library Lady

Great follow-up to songs and lessons on Common Sense Media. Your posters are more informative. I am looking forward to using them with my 2nd – 4th graders.